Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sally Hansen

Happy Sunday Funday!!
I had received a Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen a few months ago for my birthday (thanks Lisa!)



The picture above is the one that I have Color: 04 Hot Pink 
                                        and below are the varieties that they carry.


I do like this pen because it makes it easy to create designs and dries rather quickly. The only thing I don't like is, since I am right handed my right hand nails don't look as nice since I am using my left hand to create the design. 
You must have a clear coat or nail polish already on your nail before applying, otherwise it will chip very easily. 
It is definitly something that I can get used to once I practice a bit more. 
You do have to be careful to not press the tip down too much because the nail polish can come out rather fast. (Again, something that you would have to get used to after practice)
 Since it was my first time using the pen...all i tried was polka dots..tried to keep it simple and easy. But again, my right hand didn't come so great. . (Final product below) I have China Glaze "Recycle" as the base color. 
You can find the pen at any retailers that carry Sally Hansen and based on prices I saw online they run around $7.99. 

The pen can be something to use quickly and to dress up your normal nail color.

Thanks so much for taking time to read my blog, have a wonderful week and happy painting ;)





Update: unfortunately, the nail polish didn't stay on my nails very long. It might be because I already had polish and top coat on but the dots were rubbing off only a few hours later :/ 

1 comment: